ClientDC Water – Clean Rivers Project
Key Challenges & Project Details
- Design-Build permanent and temporary sewer diversion structures in Joint Base Anacostia Bolling, including instrumentation, commissioning, and startup of previously constructed diversion structures on sewer alignment and partial demolition of system.
- Support of Excavation is a watertight sheet wall driven into the Potomac clay and around the perimeter of the structures.
- The Potomac Outfall Sewers Diversion Chamber, overflow structure, drop shaft cover and internal structures, odor control and ventilation structure will be designed to meet the 100-year design life.
- The maintenance of flow was designed to divert the Potomac Outfall System around the diversion chamber while being constructed, excluding the need for a pump around system.
- Commissioning the bypass will take working 24 hours a day for five days during dry weather.
Status: Under Construction