Skip to content
City of Frederick
Key Challenges & Project Details
- Reconstructed Stormwater Pump Station #4 which activates when flooding occurs as 11% of the City of Frederick is in or near a 100-year floodplain.
- Installed two new 20-in., 30-ft. long vertical propeller pumps and motors with a capacity of 10,000 gpm each.
- Installed a temporary by-pass pumping system using two 8-in. pumps with a capacity of 5,000 gpm.
- Demolished the motor/diesel engine building and constructed a new control building and emergency generator.
- Cast-in-place concrete sump pump pit construction included saw-cutting the sump slab, excavation, and support of excavation.
- Constructed a Motor Control Center unit, control panel, generator, Automatic Transfer Switch unit, and HVAC.
- Constructed the 15-ft. deep cast-in-place concrete sump pump pit within a limited space.